This Baked Tomatoes & Feta Pasta is the solution for anyone looking for an amazing recipe for weeknights or an easy lunch for the whole family that basically needs no effort and it’s on a budget. This amazing baked feta and cherry tomatoes pasta is the new trend from TikTok and it’s driving everyone straight to the kitchen to make it – including ourselves!
What is this recipe?
This Baked Tomatoes and Feta Pasta is so rich in flavor due to the sweetness from the baked tomatoes and the creamy texture of feta cheese. It’s not a classic Italian pasta recipe, and that’s what I love the most about it because it’s a new creation and I have never tried anything like it! You definitely NEED to make it!
Tomatoes and Feta Pasta Flavor guide
Here are my suggestions of substitution for Baked Tomatoes & Feta Pasta if you would like to make this recipe differently:
- Gluten-free or wholemeal pasta
- Regular tomatoes instead of cherry tomatoes; halved
- Canned chopped tomatoes, but use a sprinkle of sugar to adjust the level of acidity
- Basil leaves instead of oregano
- Dried herbs instead of fresh
You can store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days so your pasta will still be fresh to eat.
What will you need to make Baked Pasta
You will need very few items to make this recipe, as it goes in the oven.
- Oven dish roaster We use this one which is amazing and it lasts forever.
- Large pot
Baked Tomatoes and Feta Pasta
- Oven Dish
- Large Pot
- Slotted Serving Spoon
- 8 oz dried fusilli pasta or other dry short pasta of your choice
- 7 oz cherry tomatoes whole
- 1 pack feta cheese block
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic whole
- Salt and pepper to taste
- fresh oregano leaves to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Place the cherry tomatoes, garlic cloves in an oven baking dish. Pour the olive oil on top, and season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine.
- Place the whole feta cheese in the middle of the baking dish, arrange the tomatoes around, and coat it with the olive oil and seasoning.
- Bake for 35 minutes to melt the cheese until it becomes golden brown in the corners.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a large pot with very salty water (like seawater) until al dente. Drain and reserve ½ cup of the cooking water.
- Once the cheese and tomatoes are done, carefully remove from the oven and add the pasta to the baking dish and toss gently with a slotted serving spoon to coat.
- Add part of the cooking water to make a sauce and serve immediately.
3 thoughts on “Baked Tomatoes & Feta Pasta”